Administrative Building Permit

– Submit to Town Clerk Prior to starting project
– Fee is $10 for an outbuilding $25 for a dwelling
– Contact Jackson County Planning and Zoning to determine if a Land Use Permit is also required.

Driveway Permit

– For construction of a driveway adjacent to a Town Road
– Submit to Town Chair, a site inspection will be conducted prior to approval.
– Fee is $25

Seasonal Weight Exemption Permit

– Submit to Town Chair for approval
– No Fee

Dog Licenses

– Contact Town Treasurer

Burning Permits

– The entire Town of Cleveland is under DNR Fire Protection.  For information on current restrictions and how to get a free permit visit the DNR Website at Burning Restrictions and Fire Activity – DNR ( or call 1-888-WIS-BURN